1830 CE New bleaching process makes white paper from coloured rags possible.
1833 An English patent is granted for making paper from wood.
1836 John Dickinson begins building at house at Abbots Hill. The house is now Abbots Hill School.
1837 The railway arrives.
1839 Miles Berry takes out the first patent for making paper with esparto grass. Home Park station (now known as Kings Langley station) is built.
1840 John Evans begins working at Nash Mills.
1847 Nash Mills school founded by John Dickinson.
1849 Holy Trinity Church in Leverstock Green, was consecrated. The instigation committee included John Dickinson who also provided funds.
1850 First envelope machine introduced to John Dickinson & Co by John Evans.
1851 Hugh Burgess and Charles Watt developed the earliest process, the soda process, for refining wood to make pulp at Frogmore Mill.
1853 Shendish Manor is built as a residence for Charles Longman.
1856 Thomas Routledge takes out a patent for the treatment of esparto and other raw fibres. He later works with John Dickinson & Co to establish Ford Works, near Sunderland, to produce esparto paper and half-stuff.
1859 John Dickinson retires. Charles Longman, Frederick Pratt Barlow, and John Evans are the partners in the firm; John Evans is principally responsible for the manufacturing arm of the business.
1871 St Mary’s Church, Apsley consecrated. Sponsored by the Directors of John Dickinson & Company.
1877 Frogmore Mill and Two Waters Mill leased for ten years by John Dickinson & Co to produce pulp from Esparto grass.
1883 Lewis Evans founds the John Dickinson Fire Brigade.
1885 John Evans retires, aged 62. Lewis Evans takes over as head of John Dickinson & Co.
1890 British Paper Company begin manufacture of recycled paper at Frogmore Mill.
1907 Frogmore Fourdrinier No.2 paper machine installed.
1918 Explosion destroys buildings at Two Waters Mill; the mill is not rebuilt.
1937 Opening of Shendish clubhouse and grounds for the Dickinson Guild of Sport and members of the House of Dickinson.
1938 Apsley Railway Station opened.
1947 Hemel Hempstead becomes a New Town.